Study on Angelica and its different extracts by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and two-dimensional correlation IR spectroscopy.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn order to develop a rapid and effective analysis method for studying integrally the main constituents in the medicinal materials and their extracts, discriminating the extracts from different extraction process, comparing the categories of chemical constituents in the different extracts and monitoring the qualities of medicinal materials, we applied Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR) associated with second derivative infrared spectroscopy and two-dimensional correlation infrared spectroscopy (2D-IR) to study the main constituents in traditional Chinese medicine Angelica and its different extracts (extracted by petroleum ether, ethanol and water in turn). The findings indicated that FT-IR spectrum can provide many holistic variation rules of chemical constituents. Use of the macroscopical fingerprint characters of FT-IR and 2D-IR spectrum can not only identify the main chemical constituents in medicinal materials and their different extracts, but also compare the components differences among the similar samples. This analytical method is highly rapid, effective, visual and accurate for pharmaceutical research.
CitationSpectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 64(2): 321-326
- Two-dimensional correlation infrared spectroscopy applied to analyzing and identifying the extracts of Baeckea frutescens medicinal materials.
- Authors: Adib AM, Jamaludin F, Kiong LS, Hashim N, Abdullah Z
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 5
- [Study on traditional Chinese medicine extracts of rhizoma coptidis by FTIR spectroscopy].
- Authors: Wu YW, Xiao XH, Sun SQ, Liu HX
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Study on similar traditional Chinese medicines cornu Cervi pantotrichum, cornu Cervi and cornu Cervi degelatinatum by FT-IR and 2D-IR correlation spectroscopy.
- Authors: Liu Y, Zhang GJ, Sun SQ, Noda I
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 1
- Fast quality control of Herba Epimedii by using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy.
- Authors: Pei LK, Sun SQ, Guo BL, Huang WH, Xiao PG
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- [Study on the identification of dangguitou and dangguiwei by two-dimensional infrared correlation spectroscopy].
- Authors: Lü GH, Sun SQ, Leung HW, Chan KK
- Issue date: 2004 Mar