AuthorsGómez del Arco, Pablo
Redondo, Juan Miguel
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractActivity of the transcription factor AP-1 is controlled by different MAPK cascades that regulate the different AP-1 components at the transcriptional and posttranscriptional level. Recently, AP-1 has been shown to behave as a redox-sensitive transcription factor that can be induced under both pro-oxidative and antioxidative conditions. In this overview we summarize the signaling pathways that converge on the activation of AP-1 and the components of these pathways that have been shown to be targets of antioxidants. The activation of AP-1 by antioxidants may account for the expression of a number of genes that mediate important functions under physiological conditions.
CitationImmunobiology, 198(1-3): 273-278
- Activation of transcription factor AP-1 and mitogen-activated protein kinases in aniline-induced splenic toxicity.
- Authors: Khan MF, Kannan S, Wang J
- Issue date: 2006 Jan 1
- Transcriptional induction of cyclooxygenase-2 gene by okadaic acid inhibition of phosphatase activity in human chondrocytes: co-stimulation of AP-1 and CRE nuclear binding proteins.
- Authors: Miller C, Zhang M, He Y, Zhao J, Pelletier JP, Martel-Pelletier J, Di Battista JA
- Issue date: 1998 Jun 15
- Thioredoxin reductase regulates AP-1 activity as well as thioredoxin nuclear localization via active cysteines in response to ionizing radiation.
- Authors: Karimpour S, Lou J, Lin LL, Rene LM, Lagunas L, Ma X, Karra S, Bradbury CM, Markovina S, Goswami PC, Spitz DR, Hirota K, Kalvakolanu DV, Yodoi J, Gius D
- Issue date: 2002 Sep 12
- Modulation of the composition of AP-1 complex and its impact on transcriptional activity.
- Authors: Kaminska B, Pyrzynska B, Ciechomska I, Wisniewska M
- Issue date: 2000
- Regulation of human thioltransferase (hTTase) gene by AP-1 transcription factor under oxidative stress.
- Authors: Krysan K, Lou MF
- Issue date: 2002 Jun