Galectin-2 (LGALS2) 3279C/T polymorphism may be independently associated with diastolic blood pressure in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsPanoulas, Vasileios F.
Douglas, Karen M. J.
Smith, Jacqueline P.
Metsios, Giorgos S.
Elisaf, Moses S.
Kitas, George D.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe galectin-2 (LGALS2) 3279 C/T single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) has recently been associated with myocardial infarction (MI). Although hypertension, a very prevalent entity in rheumatoid arthritis (RA), is one of the greatest risk factors for MI, the possible association of LGALS2 3279 C/T and hypertension has not been investigated. We genotyped 386 RA patients, 272 hypertensives and 114 normotensives. Diastolic blood pressure (DBP) was significantly lower in TT compared to CC homozygotes (-4.11 mmHg, p = 0.044) even when adjusted for multiple confounders (-4.28 mmHg, p = 033). Further studies are required to replicate the potential association of LGALS2 3279 C/T with DBP, and examine whether this SNP could be used as a marker of increased risk for future cardiovascular events in RA populations.
CitationClinical and Experimental Hypertension, 31(2): 93-104
PublisherInformaworld (Taylor & Francis)
JournalClinical and Experimental Hypertension
- Lymphotoxin 252A>G polymorphism is common and associates with myocardial infarction in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Authors: Panoulas VF, Nikas SN, Smith JP, Douglas KM, Nightingale P, Milionis HJ, Treharne GJ, Toms TE, Kita MD, Kitas GD
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Lack of association between LTA and LGALS2 polymorphisms and myocardial infarction in Japanese and Korean populations.
- Authors: Kimura A, Takahashi M, Choi BY, Bae SW, Hohta S, Sasaoka T, Nakahara KI, Chida K, Sawabe M, Yasunami M, Naruse T, Izumi T, Park JE
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- Polymorphisms of the endothelin-1 gene associate with hypertension in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Authors: Panoulas VF, Douglas KM, Smith JP, Taffé P, Stavropoulos-Kalinoglou A, Toms TE, Elisaf MS, Nightingale P, Kitas GD
- Issue date: 2008 Jul-Aug
- Lack of an association of GNB3 C825T polymorphism and blood pressure in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Authors: Panoulas VF, Smith JP, Stavropoulos-Kalinoglou A, Douglas KM, Nightingale P, Kitas GD
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 869T/C, but not interleukin-6 -174G/C, polymorphism associates with hypertension in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Authors: Panoulas VF, Douglas KM, Smith JP, Stavropoulos-Kalinoglou A, Metsios GS, Nightingale P, Kitas GD
- Issue date: 2009 Feb