Quality of life measurements from the patient perspective: capturing the heterogeneity of the patient experience in a standardised way
Access full-text PDFOpen Access
Check access options
Check access options
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFor patients, quality of life is the confluence and interaction of multiple factors related to both the disease and to how life is lived with and beyond the disease. When tasked with completing a quality-of-life questionnaire, patients may well wonder for whose benefit this is, which really needs to be made clear. We discuss some of the issues around quality-of-life questionnaires and the challenge of the heterogeneity of the patient experience. Patient summary: This mini-review discusses quality-of-life measurements from the patient perspective and the need to take account of the patient's life and not just the disease.
CitationMatheson, D., Abdel-Aty, H. and O'Shea, L. (2023) Quality of life measurements from the patient perspective: capturing the heterogeneity of the patient experience in a standardised way. European Urology Focus. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euf.2023.03.013
JournalEuropean Urology Focus
PubMed ID37028986 (pubmed)
Description© 2023 The Authors. Published by Elsevier. This is an open access article available under a Creative Commons licence. The published version can be accessed at the following link on the publisher’s website: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euf.2023.03.013
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
- Quality of Life Measurements from the Patient Perspective: Capturing the Heterogeneity of the Patient Experience in a Standardised Way.
- Authors: Matheson D, Abdel-Aty H, O'Shea L
- Issue date: 2023 Apr 5
- The future of Cochrane Neonatal.
- Authors: Soll RF, Ovelman C, McGuire W
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Quality-of-life measurement in chronic heart failure: do we take account of the patient perspective?
- Authors: Dunderdale K, Thompson DR, Miles JN, Beer SF, Furze G
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Capturing patients' perspectives of treatment in clinical trials/drug development.
- Authors: Hareendran A, Gnanasakthy A, Winnette R, Revicki D
- Issue date: 2012 Jan