Parenteral provision of micronutrients to pediatric patients: an international expert consensus paper
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Moltu, Sissel J
Ball, Patrick A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractINTRODUCTION:Micronutrients (vitamins and trace elements) are essential to all nutrition. For children and neonates who are dependent upon nutrition support therapies for growth and development, the prescribed regimen must supply all essential components. This paper aims to facilitate interpretation of existing clinical guidelines into practical approaches for the provision of micronutrients in pediatric parenteral nutrition. METHODS:An international, interdisciplinary expert panel was convened to review recent evidence-based guidelines and published literature to develop consensus- based recommendation on practical micronutrient provision in pediatric parenteral nutrition. RESULTS:The guidelines and evidence have been interpreted as answers to 10 commonly asked questions around the practical principles for provision and monitoring of micronutrients in pediatric patients CONCLUSION: Micronutrients are an essential part of all parenteral nutrition and should be included in the pediatric nutrition therapy care plan.
CitationHardy, G., Wong, T., Morrissey, H., Anderson, C., et al. (2020) Parenteral provision of micronutrients to pediatric patients: an international expert consensus paper. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, 44 (S2), pp. S5-S23. doi:10.1002/jpen.1990
JournalJPEN. Journal of parenteral and enteral nutrition
PubMed ID32767589 (pubmed)
Description© 2020 The Authors. Published by Wiley. This is an open access article available under a Creative Commons licence. The published version can be accessed at the following link on the publisher’s website: https://doi.org/10.1002/jpen.1990
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
- Parenteral Provision of Micronutrients to Pediatric Patients: An International Expert Consensus Paper.
- Authors: Hardy G, Wong T, Morrissey H, Anderson C, Moltu SJ, Poindexter B, Lapillonne A, Ball PA
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- Parenteral Provision of Micronutrients to Adult Patients: An Expert Consensus Paper.
- Authors: Blaauw R, Osland E, Sriram K, Ali A, Allard JP, Ball P, Chan LN, Jurewitsch B, Logan Coughlin K, Manzanares W, Menéndez AM, Mutiara R, Rosenfeld R, Sioson M, Visser J, Berger MM
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- [The expert consensus on clinical application of multi-trace elements].
- Authors: Chinese Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition.
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 1
- Perspectives on parenteral micronutrient shortages.
- Authors: Mirtallo JM
- Issue date: 2015 Feb