Relevance of whole body vibration exercise in sport: a short review with soccer, diver and combat sport
AuthorsMorel, Danielle Soares
Dionello, Carla da Fontoura
Paineiras-Domingos, Laisa Liane
Souza, Patrícia Lopes
Sá-Caputo, Danúbia da Cunha
Carmo, Roberto Carlos Resende
Paiva, Patrícia de Castro
Sousa-Gonçalves, Cintia Renata
Kütter, Cristiane Ribeiro
Guedes-Aguiar, Eliane de Oliveira
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWhole body vibration exercise (WBVE) has been used as a safe and accessible exercise and important reviews have been published about the use of this exercise to manage diseases and to improve physical conditions of athletes The aim of this paper is to highlight the relevance of WBVE to soccer players, divers and combat athletes.This study was made through a systematic review of publications involving WBVE and the selected sports in two databases (Pubmed and PEDRo).It were identified 10 studies involving WBVE and sports (6 of soccer, 2 of diving and 2 of sport combat) with 156 subjects (80 soccer players, 32 divers and 44 combat athletes), with age from 17 to 44 years old.The use of WBVE has proven to be a safe and useful strategy to improve the physical conditions of players of different sports. These findings may have clinical relevance and should be considered as a strategy to be used to try improve the physical conditions of players.
CitationMorel, D. S. et al. (2017) Relevance of whole body vibration exercise in sport: a short review with soccer, diver and combat sport, African journal of traditional, complementary, and alternative medicines, 14(4S), pp. 19-27.
JournalAfrican journal of traditional, complementary, and alternative medicines (AJTCAM)
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
- Whole body vibration in sport: a critical review.
- Authors: Costantino C, Gimigliano R, Olvirri S, Gimigliano F
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Do whole body vibration exercises affect lower limbs neuromuscular activity in populations with a medical condition? A systematic review.
- Authors: Dionello CF, de Souza PL, Sá-Caputo D, Morel DS, Moreira-Marconi E, Paineiras-Domingos LL, Frederico EHFF, Guedes-Aguiar E, Paiva PC, Taiar R, Chiementin X, Marín PJ, Bernardo-Filho M
- Issue date: 2017
- [Influence of sport on isoinertial trunk muscle performance development: a 2 years prospective study].
- Authors: Rosset EB, Mélot C, Szpalski M, Keller TS, Balagué F
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 17
- The angle-torque-relationship of the subtalar pronators and supinators in male athletes: A comparative study of soccer and handball players.
- Authors: Hagen M, Asholt J, Lemke M, Lahner M
- Issue date: 2016 May 18
- POTENTIAL EFFECTS OF WHOLE-BODY VIBRATION EXERCISES ON BLOOD FLOW KINETICS OF DIFFERENT POPULATIONS: A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW WITH A SUITABLE APPROACH.
- Authors: Sá-Caputo D, Paineiras-Domingos L, Carvalho-Lima R, Dias-Costa G, de Paiva PC, de Azeredo CF, Carmo RCR, Dionello CF, Moreira-Marconi E, Frederico ÉHFF, Sousa-Gonçalves CR, Morel DS, Paiva DN, Avelar NCP, Lacerda AC, Magalhães CEV, Castro LS, Presta GA, de Paoli S, Sañudo B, Bernardo-Filho M
- Issue date: 2017