Sobralene, a new sex-aggregation pheromone and likely shunt metabolite of the taxadiene synthase cascade, produced by a member of the sand fly Lutzomyia longipalpis species complex
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract© 2018 The Authors A new sex-aggregation pheromone, sobralene, produced by the sand fly Lutzomyia longipalpis from Sobral (Ceará State, Brazil) is shown to have the novel 6,12-membered ring-fused diterpene structure 3. It is proposed that sobralene is a likely shunt metabolite of the taxadiene synthase-catalysed cyclisation of geranygeranyl diphosphate.
CitationPalframan, M. J., Bandi, K. K., Hamilton, J. G. C. and Pattenden, G. (2018) Sobralene, a new sex-aggregation pheromone and likely shunt metabolite of the taxadiene synthase cascade, produced by a member of the sand fly Lutzomyia longipalpis species complex, Tetrahedron Letters, 59(2), pp. 1921-1923.
Description© 2018 The Authors. Published by Elsevier. This is an open access article available under a Creative Commons licence. The published version can be accessed at the following link on the publisher’s website: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tetlet.2018.03.088
SponsorsThe Wellcome Trust (WT091689MF) funded part of this research program in Lancaster University.
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Licence for published version: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
- The Impact of Macrocycle Conformation on the Taxadiene-Forming Carbocation Cascade: Insight Gained from Sobralene, a Recently Discovered Verticillene Isomer.
- Authors: Hayes CJ, Palframan MJ, Pattenden G
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 20
- Modelling Sand Fly Lutzomyia longipalpis Attraction to Host Odour: Synthetic Sex-Aggregation Pheromone Dominates the Response.
- Authors: Retkute R, Dilger E, Hamilton JGC, Keeling MJ, Courtenay O
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 15
- Analysis of the sex pheromone extract of individual male Lutzomyia longipalpis sandflies from six regions in Brazil.
- Authors: Hamilton JG, Maingon RD, Alexander B, Ward RD, Brazil RP
- Issue date: 2005 Dec
- Genetic structuring and fixed polymorphisms in the gene period among natural populations of Lutzomyia longipalpis in Brazil.
- Authors: Lima Costa CR Jr, Freitas MT, Santiago Figueirêdo CA Jr, Aragão NC, da Silva LG, Marcondes CB, Dias RV, Leal-Balbino TC, Souza MB, Ramalho-Ortigão M, Balbino Vde Q
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 1
- Lovesongs and period gene polymorphisms indicate Lutzomyia cruzi (Mangabeira, 1938) as a sibling species of the Lutzomyia longipalpis (Lutz and Neiva, 1912) complex.
- Authors: Vigoder FM, Araki AS, Bauzer LG, Souza NA, Brazil RP, Peixoto AA
- Issue date: 2010 Aug