Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Del Valle, E
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractControlling the output of a light emitter is one of the basic tasks in photonics, with landmarks such as the development of the laser and single-photon sources. The ever growing range of quantum applications is making it increasingly important to diversify the available quantum sources. Here, we propose a cavity quantum electrodynamics scheme to realize emitters that release their energy in groups (or 'bundles') of N photons (where N is an integer). Close to 100% of two-photon emission and 90% of three-photon emission is shown to be within reach of state-of-the-art samples. The emission can be tuned with the system parameters so that the device behaves as a laser or as an N-photon gun. Here, we develop the theoretical formalism to characterize such emitters, with the bundle statistics arising as an extension of the fundamental correlation functions of quantum optics. These emitters will be useful for quantum information processing and for medical applications. © 2014 Macmillan Publishers Limited.
CitationSánchez Muñoz, C., del Valle, E., González Tudela, A., Müller, K., Lichtmannecker, S., Kaniber, M., Tejedor, C., Finley, J. J. & F. P. Laussy (2014) Emitters of N-photon bundles, Nature Photonics, 8, pp. 550–555 .
PublisherSpringer Science and Business Media LLC
SponsorsThis work was supported by the POLAFLOW European Research Council starting grant, the Marie-Curie project Sensing Quantum Information Correlations and the Spanish Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad (MAT2011-22997). C.S.M. acknowledges a Formación de Personal Investigador grant. A.G.T and K.M. acknowledge support from the Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation and F.P.L. acknowledges support from a Ramón y Cajal contract.
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
- III-V quantum light source and cavity-QED on silicon.
- Authors: Luxmoore IJ, Toro R, Del Pozo-Zamudio O, Wasley NA, Chekhovich EA, Sanchez AM, Beanland R, Fox AM, Skolnick MS, Liu HY, Tartakovskii AI
- Issue date: 2013
- All-optical control of three-photon spectra and time asymmetry in a strongly coupled cavity polariton system.
- Authors: Zhang X, Li R, Wu H
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 3
- Tailoring a nanofiber for enhanced photon emission and coupling efficiency from single quantum emitters.
- Authors: Li W, Du J, Nic Chormaic S
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 15
- Heralded quantum repeater based on the scattering of photons off single emitters using parametric down-conversion source.
- Authors: Song GZ, Wu FZ, Zhang M, Yang GJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 28
- Quantum nature of a strongly coupled single quantum dot-cavity system.
- Authors: Hennessy K, Badolato A, Winger M, Gerace D, Atatüre M, Gulde S, Fält S, Hu EL, Imamoğlu A
- Issue date: 2007 Feb 22