South Asians and coronary disease: is there discordance between effects on incidence and prognosis?
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsZaman, M Justin S
Marmot, Michael G
Timmis, Adam D
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo determine whether the effect of South Asian ethnicity differs between studies of incidence and prognosis of coronary disease. Systematic literature review and meta-analysis, and cohort analysis from a national acute coronary syndrome (ACS) registry linked to mortality (National Institute of Cardiovascular Outcomes Research/Myocardial Infarction National Audit Project). International for the review, and England and Wales for the cohort analysis. The numbers of South Asians included in the meta-analysis were 111 555 (incidence) and 14 531 (prognosis) of whom 8251 were from the ACS cohort.
The following licence applies to the copyright and re-use of this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
- Contribution of type 2 diabetes to all-cause mortality, cardiovascular disease incidence and cancer incidence in white Europeans and South Asians: findings from the UK Biobank population-based cohort study.
- Authors: Muilwijk M, Ho F, Waddell H, Sillars A, Welsh P, Iliodromiti S, Brown R, Ferguson L, Stronks K, van Valkengoed I, Pell JP, Gray SR, Gill JMR, Sattar N, Celis-Morales C
- Issue date: 2019
- Case fatality rates for South Asian and Caucasian patients show no difference 2.5 years after percutaneous coronary intervention.
- Authors: Jones DA, Rathod KS, Sekhri N, Junghans C, Gallagher S, Rothman MT, Mohiddin S, Kapur A, Knight C, Archbold A, Jain AK, Mills PG, Uppal R, Mathur A, Timmis AD, Wragg A
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Acute coronary syndromes presentations and care outcomes in white, South Asian and Chinese patients: a cohort study.
- Authors: King-Shier K, Quan H, Kapral MK, Tsuyuki R, An L, Banerjee S, Southern DA, Khan N
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 13
- Predicted and observed cardiovascular disease in South Asians: application of FINRISK, Framingham and SCORE models to Newcastle Heart Project data.
- Authors: Bhopal R, Fischbacher C, Vartiainen E, Unwin N, White M, Alberti G
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Incidence and prognosis of angina pectoris in South Asians and Whites: 18 years of follow-up over seven phases in the Whitehall-II prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Zaman MJ, Shipley MJ, Stafford M, Brunner EJ, Timmis AD, Marmot MG, Hemingway H
- Issue date: 2011 Sep