A new waist-to-height ratio predicts abdominal adiposity in adults.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOur aim was to identify the best anthropometric index associated with waist adiposity. The six weight-status indices included body mass index (BMI), waist-to-hip ratio (WHR), waist-to-height ratio (WHTR), and a new waist-by-height
CitationRes Sports Med. 2018 Jul 25: 1-12
PublisherTaylor & Francis
JournalResearch in Sports Medicine
The following licence applies to the copyright and re-use of this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
- Prediction of a new body shape index and body adiposity estimator for development of type 2 diabetes mellitus: The Rural Chinese Cohort Study.
- Authors: Han C, Liu Y, Sun X, Luo X, Zhang L, Wang B, Ren Y, Zhou J, Zhao Y, Zhang D, Liu X, Zhang M, Hu D
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Comparative analysis of anthropometric indices of obesity as correlates and potential predictors of risk for hypertension and prehypertension in a population in Nigeria.
- Authors: Ononamadu CJ, Ezekwesili CN, Onyeukwu OF, Umeoguaju UF, Ezeigwe OC, Ihegboro GO
- Issue date: 2017 Mar/Apr 23
- Anthropometric Indicators of Adiposity Related to Body Weight and Body Shape as Cardiometabolic Risk Predictors in British Young Adults: Superiority of Waist-to-Height Ratio.
- Authors: Amirabdollahian F, Haghighatdoost F
- Issue date: 2018
- Waist-to-height ratio, waist circumference, body mass index, waist divided by height(0.5) and the risk of cardiometabolic multimorbidity: A national longitudinal cohort study.
- Authors: Lu Y, Liu S, Qiao Y, Li G, Wu Y, Ke C
- Issue date: 2021 Aug 26
- Markers of adiposity in HIV/AIDS patients: Agreement between waist circumference, waist-to-hip ratio, waist-to-height ratio and body mass index.
- Authors: Dimala CA, Ngu RC, Kadia BM, Tianyi FL, Choukem SP
- Issue date: 2018