Chronic venous leg ulcer care: Putting the patient at the heart of leg ulcer care Part 2: Development and evaluation of the consultation template
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPart 2 in this article series summarises the final two phases of a study which explored the experiences of patients with leg ulcers and the impact of this condition on their quality of life. Early phases of the study revealed a mismatch between issues that affected a patient's quality of life and what they discussed during subsequent health care consultations. In light of this, a nominal group technique was employed to facilitate the development of a new leg ulcer consultation template with patient partners. The aim of this was to include many of the issues raised in phases 1. The new template was evaluated in terms of its utility, significance and clinical potential. The application of this template during routine consultations appears to encourage the patient to disclose issues that are important to them and may have otherwise been overlooked.
PublisherMark Allen Healthcare
JournalBritish Journal of Community Nursing
DescriptionThis is an accepted manuscript of an article published by MA Healthcare Ltd in British Journal of Community Nursing on 25/05/2018, available online: https://doi.org/10.12968/bjcn.2018.23.Sup6.S20 The accepted version of the publication may differ from the final published version.
The following licence applies to the copyright and re-use of this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
- Chronic venous leg ulcer care: Putting the patient at the heart of leg ulcer care. Part 1: exploring the consultation.
- Authors: Green J, Jester R, McKinley R, Pooler A
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 2
- A new quality of life consultation template for patients with venous leg ulceration.
- Authors: Green J, Jester R, McKinley R, Pooler A, Mason S, Redsell S
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Chronic leg ulcers, part 1: do they affect a patient's social life?
- Authors: Brown A
- Issue date: 2005 Sep 22-Oct 12
- Chronic leg ulcers, part 2: Do they affect a patient's social life?
- Authors: Brown A
- Issue date: 2005 Oct 13-26
- Effects of venous leg ulceration on patients' quality of life.
- Authors: Maddox D
- Issue date: 2012 May 23-29