Long-term quality of life postacute kidney injury in cardiac surgery patients.
AuthorsMishra, Pankaj Kumar
Nevill, Alan M.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAcute renal failure after cardiac surgery is known to be associated with significant short-term morbidity and mortality. There have as yet been no major reports on long-term quality of life (QOL). This study assessed the impact of acute kidney injury (AKI) and renal replacement therapy (RRT) on long-term survival and QOL after cardiac surgery. The need for long-term RRT is also assessed.
CitationLong-term quality of life postacute kidney injury in cardiac surgery patients., 21 (1):41-45 Ann Card Anaesth
JournalAnnals of cardiac anaesthesia
The following licence applies to the copyright and re-use of this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
- Long-term quality of life in critically ill patients with acute kidney injury treated with renal replacement therapy: a matched cohort study.
- Authors: Oeyen S, De Corte W, Benoit D, Annemans L, Dhondt A, Vanholder R, Decruyenaere J, Hoste E
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 6
- 'Early' and 'late' timing for renal replacement therapy in acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery: a prospective, interventional, controlled, single-centre trial.
- Authors: Crescenzi G, Torracca L, Pierri MD, Rosica C, Munch C, Capestro F
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Long-term Outcomes and Prognostic Factors for Patients Requiring Renal Replacement Therapy After Cardiac Surgery.
- Authors: Thongprayoon C, Cheungpasitporn W, Shah IK, Kashyap R, Park SJ, Kashani K, Dillon JJ
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- A risk, injury, failure, loss, and end-stage renal failure score-based trigger for renal replacement therapy and survival after cardiac surgery.
- Authors: Schneider AG, Eastwood GM, Seevanayagam S, Matalanis G, Bellomo R
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Severe acute kidney injury following cardiac surgery: short-term outcomes in patients undergoing continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT).
- Authors: Pistolesi V, Di Napoli A, Fiaccadori E, Zeppilli L, Polistena F, Sacco MI, Regolisti G, Tritapepe L, Pierucci A, Morabito S
- Issue date: 2016 Apr