Ethnic variation in colorectal cancer risk following a positive faecal occult blood test in an English bowel cancer screening programme centre
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe literature on colorectal cancer (CRC) screening and ethnic diversity is dominated by studies from the USA. There are no such published data from the UK bowel cancer screening programme (BCSP) population. The Wolverhampton Bowel Cancer Screening Centre serves a population of 900 000 in the Black Country and South Staffordshire. South Asians (SA) comprise 9% of the population. We aimed to determine the effects of ethnicity and sex on the risk for cancer or adenoma detected by colonoscopy following a positive faecal occult blood test over a 5-year period (2007-2011).
CitationPadmanabhan H., Widlak M., Nevill A., McKaig B., Brookes M., Veitch A. (2015) 'Ethnic variation in colorectal cancer risk following a positive faecal occult blood test in an English bowel cancer screening programme centre', European Journal of Gastroenterol & Hepatology, 27 (11) pp. 1281-5. doi: 10.1097/MEG.0000000000000443
PublisherLippincott Williams & Wilkins
JournalEuropean Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- High yield of colorectal neoplasia detected by colonoscopy following a positive faecal occult blood test in the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme.
- Authors: Lee TJ, Clifford GM, Rajasekhar P, Rutter MD, Kometa S, Ritchie MC, Waddup G, Nylander D, McNally RJ, Rees CJ
- Issue date: 2011
- Nationwide bowel cancer screening programme in England: cohort study of lifestyle factors affecting participation and outcomes in women.
- Authors: Blanks RG, Benson VS, Alison R, Brown A, Reeves GK, Beral V, Patnick J, Green J
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 28
- Colonoscopy quality measures: experience from the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme.
- Authors: Lee TJ, Rutter MD, Blanks RG, Moss SM, Goddard AF, Chilton A, Nickerson C, McNally RJ, Patnick J, Rees CJ
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Risk stratification and detection of new colorectal neoplasms after colorectal cancer screening with faecal occult blood test: experiences from a Danish screening cohort.
- Authors: Bjerrum A, Milter MC, Andersen O, Fischer A, Lynge E
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Outcomes of the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme (BCSP) in England after the first 1 million tests.
- Authors: Logan RF, Patnick J, Nickerson C, Coleman L, Rutter MD, von Wagner C, English Bowel Cancer Screening Evaluation Committee.
- Issue date: 2012 Oct