Rheumatoid Arthritis is Associated with IgG Antibodies to Human Endogenous Retrovirus Gag Matrix: A Potential Pathogenic Mechanism of Disease?
AuthorsNelson, Paul N
Nevill, Alan M.
Freimanis, Graham L
Ejtehadi, Hora Davari
Veitch, Andy M
Rylance, Paul B
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHuman endogenous retrovirus (HERV)-K10 has been implicated in the etiology and pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). A secondary immune response to this virus might suggest an antigen-driven response in patients. The Gag region of HERV-K10 could provide a key epitope important for immunological reactivity. We investigated the presence of IgG antibodies to this region and assessed its significance in RA.
CitationRheumatoid Arthritis is Associated with IgG Antibodies to Human Endogenous Retrovirus Gag Matrix: A Potential Pathogenic Mechanism of Disease? 2014, 41 (10):1952-60 J. Rheumatol.
JournalThe Journal of rheumatology
- Identification of a HERV-K env surface peptide highly recognized in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients: a cross-sectional case-control study.
- Authors: Mameli G, Erre GL, Caggiu E, Mura S, Cossu D, Bo M, Cadoni ML, Piras A, Mundula N, Colombo E, Buscetta G, Passiu G, Sechi LA
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- The potential role of human endogenous retrovirus K10 in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis: a preliminary study.
- Authors: Ejtehadi HD, Freimanis GL, Ali HA, Bowman S, Alavi A, Axford J, Callaghan R, Nelson PN
- Issue date: 2006 May
- Antibodies to Klebsiella, Proteus, and HLA-B27 peptides in Japanese patients with ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Authors: Tani Y, Tiwana H, Hukuda S, Nishioka J, Fielder M, Wilson C, Bansal S, Ebringer A
- Issue date: 1997 Jan
- A role for human endogenous retrovirus-K (HML-2) in rheumatoid arthritis: investigating mechanisms of pathogenesis.
- Authors: Freimanis G, Hooley P, Ejtehadi HD, Ali HA, Veitch A, Rylance PB, Alawi A, Axford J, Nevill A, Murray PG, Nelson PN
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- High prevalence of antibodies against HERV-K10 in patients with testicular cancer but not with AIDS.
- Authors: Goedert JJ, Sauter ME, Jacobson LP, Vessella RL, Hilgartner MW, Leitman SF, Fraser MC, Mueller-Lantzsch NG
- Issue date: 1999 Apr