Congratulations to team GB, but why should we be so surprised? Olympic medal count can be predicted using logit regression models that include 'home advantage'.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCongratulations to team GB, but why should we be so surprised? Olympic medal count can be predicted using logit regression models that include 'home advantage'. 2012, 46 (14):958-9 Br J Sports Med
PublisherBMJ Publishing Group
JournalBritish journal of sports medicine
- Why Great Britain's success in Beijing could have been anticipated and why it should continue beyond 2012.
- Authors: Nevill AM, Balmer NJ, Winter EM
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Survival of the fittest: retrospective cohort study of the longevity of Olympic medallists in the modern era.
- Authors: Clarke PM, Walter SJ, Hayen A, Mallon WJ, Heijmans J, Studdert DM
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Population Muscle Strength Predicts Olympic Medal Tallies: Evidence from 20 Countries in the PURE Prospective Cohort Study.
- Authors: Leong DP, McKee M, Yusuf S, PURE Investigators
- Issue date: 2017
- Evaluating the (your country here) olympic medal count.
- Authors: Seiler S
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Modelling home advantage in the Summer Olympic Games.
- Authors: Balmer NJ, Nevill AM, Williams AM
- Issue date: 2003 Jun