Identification and characterization of GONST1, a golgi-localized GDP-mannose transporter in Arabidopsis.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTransport of nucleotide sugars across the Golgi apparatus membrane is required for the luminal synthesis of a variety of plant cell surface components. We identified an Arabidopsis gene encoding a nucleotide sugar transporter (designated GONST1) that we have shown by transient gene expression to be localized to the Golgi. GONST1 complemented a GDP-mannose transport-defective yeast mutant (vrg4-2), and Golgi-rich vesicles from the complemented strain displayed increased GDP-mannose transport activity. GONST1 promoter
CitationThe Plant Cell, 13(10): 2283-2295
PublisherAmerican Society of Plant Biologists
DescriptionMetadata only, Full text available at links above.
- Arabidopsis thaliana expresses multiple Golgi-localised nucleotide-sugar transporters related to GONST1.
- Authors: Handford MG, Sicilia F, Brandizzi F, Chung JH, Dupree P
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- Abnormal glycosphingolipid mannosylation triggers salicylic acid-mediated responses in Arabidopsis.
- Authors: Mortimer JC, Yu X, Albrecht S, Sicilia F, Huichalaf M, Ampuero D, Michaelson LV, Murphy AM, Matsunaga T, Kurz S, Stephens E, Baldwin TC, Ishii T, Napier JA, Weber AP, Handford MG, Dupree P
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Identification of a conserved motif in the yeast golgi GDP-mannose transporter required for binding to nucleotide sugar.
- Authors: Gao XD, Nishikawa A, Dean N
- Issue date: 2001 Feb 9
- Identification of a Candida glabrata homologue of the S. cerevisiae VRG4 gene, encoding the Golgi GDP-mannose transporter.
- Authors: Nishikawa A, Mendez B, Jigami Y, Dean N
- Issue date: 2002 Jun 15
- Class 1 reversibly glycosylated polypeptides are plasmodesmal-associated proteins delivered to plasmodesmata via the golgi apparatus.
- Authors: Sagi G, Katz A, Guenoune-Gelbart D, Epel BL
- Issue date: 2005 Jun